Wednesday 26 March 2014

College Work - Test Suites

Test Suites are the stage before you go to test a game, it is when you plan what you shall test and how you shall test it. You will then report back stating all the different ways you tested it and which ways works and which did not.

Pre-game
Test to make sure if the game login page works on different browser windows.
Firefox worked perfectly fine.

Internet Explorer however would sign me in and not show a picture when fully loaded. I tried refreshing the page and closing down and re-opening the browser, but I was still met with the same screen. Also clicking the buttons along the top (Map, Stock, Etc) cause the page to reload and force you back to the Intel tab.


Game-start
After logging in does it take you to the correct page?

The login page took me to the correct page, I tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Internet Explorer had the same problem as the Pre-Game, it loaded and forced me onto a blank grey screen. Firefox however no matter what i changed (Whether it be in-private browsing or having many different tabs open) the game still took me the to correct intel page.
In-game
Do units move as intended?
The units moved as intended, in the standard diamond shape they can move in. I managed to find a small bug in which moving the units within the bush caused them to be invisible. The units however when I tried to force them into a rock or a big building refused to move into the space. The units were able to move into ruined houses.

Before
 
After

Post-game
Does the progress throughout the game save when closing?

I tried logging out of the game and force closing the window, neither of these affected the progression within the game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment